|Mileage (% of total)
||689 mi (15%)
- The Beaver State, so named during the fur-trading days when beaver pelts were harvested in great numbers here.
- Also called the Pacific Wonderland beause of its assortment of natural wonders.
- State web site
- Somewhat moutainous until I descend from the Cascade range about 150 miles from the coast.
- Dry, hot days and cold nights in the eastern end of the state.
- Frequent thunderstorms
- Cool weather, fog, and heavy precipitation along the coast.
Other attractions along the route