|Mileage (% of total)
||283.4 mi (6.2%)
- The ride through Idaho is the second shortest segment on the trip.
- Idaho is expected to be another wonderful state with some great riding.
- Idaho is famous for its potatoes, sugar beets and wheat.
- State web site
- Idaho has an assortment of geographical regions, with the Rocky Mountains forming the largest land region. The Bitterroot Range is the predominant feature that will be crossed.
- Most of the milage is spent hugging river banks which will provide some relief.
- High temperatures often reaching 100ºF during the day.
- Cool nights with low humidity.
Attractions along the route